Sunday, December 18, 2011

Don't tell Eliza!

We finally found her!!!!!

A Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll!!!!!


We checked online they wanted to charge $64.95 for her,

 Toys-r-us... they couldn't help us,

Target ...  no luck

Walmart #1 ... had 22 of them ... yesterday.  
The computer even showed 5 of them in the store!  But I couldn't find any on the shelves.  They were probably walking around in someone's cart.  I walked around checking out every cart I could see.
I don't know what I would have done if I did see one...  
maybe offer some crazy amount of money for the Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll in their cart that really belongs with my little girl.

or

Give them a story that would break their heart about how my little girl has told every Santa she has seen this season that she really wants this doll, so they would just hand it over.  

(It would probably just make them think, "awesome!  I got the perfect gift."  Cause that is what they did.)

So I decided it was time to strategize...
I woke Rob up at 5:00 AM and said, "let's go shopping."
We were going to hit Walmart just as the shelves were getting restocked!
This plan was foolproof

Walmart #2 ... had been waiting two weeks for a Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll

Walmart #3 ... I couldn't find them on the shelf and the girl wouldn't dare stop what she is doing to help a desperate mother.

Walmart #4 ...  In the middle of restocking, I asked the guy there if they had any and he checked the computer for me.  He said they were supposed to get eight of them some time in the next three days.

We had to get home because it was a school day and our kids need us.   Dejected, and running out of time, we turned to leave.  Then the wonderful Walmart guy said, "Do you want me to see which Walmart does have some?"

I didn't even know they could do that!

There was a Walmart just about 7 miles away that had 11 of them!  We took one look at each other and both knew in our hearts what we were going to do without saying a word.

Walmart #5...  We walked straight back to the toy section and did a quick scan and couldn't find her anywhere.

Then I let my eyes wander and there through the bike section I could see some dolls,  
Was it?  Could it be?  Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

There she was!!!   Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll!!!  

After days of searching, scanning the internet, missing sleep to shop, and countless Walmart workers helping me, there she was!
It was all worth it cause, there she was!
We were about to give up, yet there she was!!!
I was beginning to believe she didn't exist, and there she was!!




A Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll!!!!!

I sure hope Eliza likes her Christmas present.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I didn't even know those things exist! Just shows you how out of touch I am (and apparently, how out of touch my kids are, thank goodness!!)

Janet and Nate said...

The things we do for the ones we LOVE! You & Rob will have a wonderful story for years to come. :D
I hope her eyes smiled as big as her Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Doll! Happy New Year over there at the "Matthews" home!!!

Jen said...

So??? Did she love it????