Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Random Conversations #99

After school today Lane got picked up by my friend Melynda.
I wasn't home yet so Lane hung out at thier house for a while.  

At home that night, she was getting ready for tomorrow's day at school.
She couldn't find her homework and remembered that she had left it at Melynda's house.  

We went to their house at 8:30 PM to get her homework folder.  She had to search through a couple of rooms just to find it.
When we got home she went straight to her room, homework folder in hand, to finish the assignment that is due tomorrow.  

About 10 minutes later she came out and told me her homework wasn't in the folder.
After thinking about it she thought there was a chance that she might have taken it out of the folder while she was at their house.  

So we went around the block one more time to see if we could find the homework at Melynda's house.
  As Lane rang the door bell and we were waiting for them to answer she turned to me and said,

"I want you to know, I'm not proud of this."

That statement made it all worth it. I love that girl!

1 comment:

nelly said...

haha Laney is so mature.