If you are not a drinker, gambler, smoker, or sunbather what is there for you in Las Vegas....really?
Rob had a conference and wanted me to come.
Yeah, I was pretty much dreading it.
There was so much to do at home and Rob would be in conferences all day.
What would I do with myself? Alone? I'm never alone...
To preface this let me just say, we stayed in an amazing room at the Aria hotel on the 29th floor. When we opened the door for the first time, the lights dimly lit and the curtains opened to reveal the Las Vegas sky line. Seriously, who thinks of stuff like that. I was impressed!
I'll tell you what I did...
1. I didn't make breakfast, lunch, or dinner for anybody
2. I read a good book, the whole thing
3. I slept in as long as I wanted to
4. I took long baths, in the incredible bathtub (while reading my book),
when the water got cold... I just added some more
5. When I felt like it, I walked around outside
6. When I felt like it, I shopped a little
7. When I felt like it, I watched whatever I wanted to on TV
(which surprisingly enough did not include Disney channel or ESPN)
8. I ate lunch with my favorite guy
9. I took an afternoon nap (while he went back to his conference)
When Rob got done every day we cranked it up a few notches and were busy doing things the whole time
What we did together...
1. Walked miles and miles up and down the strip
2. We ate really good Italian food
3. Saw the Blue Man Group
4. Ate really good sandwiches
5. Shopped a little
6. We ate really good steaks
7. Saw a Cirque de Soleil
8. Went to bed after 2:00AM every night
Seriously, one of the best vacations of my life!
I usually come home from a vacation more tired than when I left.
Not this one!

5 comments:
Good for you! I love those "Conference" couple getaways. We were there in December to one. My sis lives there so it's fun for me to hang out with her. But the hotel time all to yourself is the best!
Sounds nice. I always say mother never get vacations because they still have to do all of the cooking and cleaning as well as the packing, unpacking and tons of laundry at the end. Glad you had such a relaxing time.
You guys are party animals! See, you do know how to do Vegas. How fun!
What a fun and relaxing time! How fun!
I am jealous of you! It sounds like you had an amazing time. What you described is my current dream vacation!!!!
Post a Comment