Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fourth of July Parade

This year we went to Northern California for the Fourth of July. We spent the day with Reed, Carla, and Susie's families in Sacramento. The kids had a great time with their cousins. The street that Carla lives in has done a July 4th parade every year. Well, all of the kids that live on the street are growing up so we brought in kids of our own. Marley and Haley
Haley is Reed's (Rob's identical twin) oldest daughter. She and Marley were due on the same day, I know kind of weird. Their birthdays are two weeks apart because Haley was born a week early and Marley was born a week late.
I love the green grass and flowers. Things you just don't see much in Phoenix, in the summer.
I love this picture.
You can tell they are having a great time going around in circles on skooters that are decorated with red, white, and blue streamers. The big boys aren't so big all of the time. Which is nice.

Lane, can you tell we had been swimming all day?
This is Susie, Rob's sister with two of her cute kids.


2 comments:

nelly said...

That's a cool tradition. We might think of doing that here if it weren't so hot.

Paige said...

Fun Beth! I love doing that with our neighbors. As a whole neighborhood, we do the 4th of July and our Christmas nativity and that's it. I do love seeing everyone.