Monday, September 22, 2008

Cross Country #2

Here is Price in the seventh and eighth grade boys race. I love watching him race. There is just something about seeing those kids give their all at something that is really hard, and when they don't think that they can go one more step they do. It inspires me. I have to keep my sunglasses on so that they don't see the tears in my eyes, cause that would be embarressing. When Price was almost done, Rob was on the sidelines telling him to start sprinting. Price started to yell, "I can't..." Then this kid past him up and Price started sprinting. He didn't pass the other kid but he finished strong.
This is what you look like after running 1.5 miles in the Arizona heat (105 degrees). He is actually a lot sweater then he looks in this picture.
There wasn't any shade on the field so Rob was a good solution.

I can't say enough about how inspiring it is to watch them do something that challenges them and then they go back for more. Price ended up coming in 32 place. Good job Price!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Seriously your kids are amazing! Totally insiring. I can't remember wanting to run at their age - and in the heat...no thanks! I wish I had there determination. They are such great runners. I love that Rob cheers them on to go faster - and he's there to provide the shade - what a good dad! Isn't funny as a parent what we shed tears for - I tear up just reading it!