Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ride the wave!!!

When I think about my Heavenly Father I know that he has the power and strength to do anything. I believe that no evil can stand in his presence.

On the other hand when I think about myself I feel very weak. I feel like there are a lot of things in life that I am not strong enough to conquer.

But if I put the two together . . . if I take my weakness and add my Heavenly Father's strength there is nothing that can stop us.

It is like our Heavenly Father's will is a big wave. If we fight the wave it will swallow us and smash us into the sand. However, if we follow the scriptures, prophet, and prompting of the Holy Ghost it is like taking a bogey board (it would sound a lot cooler if I said surf board here but I don't know how to do that) and riding the wave. It might be scary but it will take us beyond danger and to the place our Heavenly Father wants us to be and we get stronger in the process.

I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants what is best for me and for everyone because we are his children. When scary things are in our path, don't fight them. Ride the wave!!!

No comments: