Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Nonfiction Nerds

In the sixth grade at our school three times a year they break the kids down into groups of 6 or 7 people, then give them a list of 6 books to read.

Esperanza Rizing

Things Not Seen

Gregor the Overlander

Number the Stars

Fever 1793

Stargirl

After the books are read they gather in the cafeteria for a Battle of the Books.

This is Sydney's group, the "Non-fiction Nerds"

They came in second place!
I read all of the books and they were surprisingly enjoyable.
I especially liked Fever 1793 and Gregor the Overlander.

4 comments:

nelly said...

Fly you high Bethany!

and

Run like the river!

Bethany said...

Fly you high Nel Nel!

nelly said...

I just finished Gregor and the Prophesy of Bane. I'm off to the library to get the next one.

Anonymous said...

what s your e-mail? I found an old picture of you while you were in Maine on your mission