I'm trying to write a talk for stake conference and it is driving me crazy!
You might notice that it is the middle of the night right now and the only thing that I can come up with are one liners to start it off and none of them seem appropriate to say in front of one of the twelve apostles.
My topic is how to make our home more like the temple. Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Bethany, Bethany, I feel for you. It will come to you, I know it, you know why, because your house is like a temple! =)
My first thought: I am really, really, really, really, really glad that I am not you right now.
My second thought: You are one of the most amazing women I have ever known. You have always been a good example to me (especially when I was a lonely, nerdy high school senior.) I am certain that what ever you have to say, it will be said with the spirit and some one will make a good change in their life.
My dear, you will be wonderful! I'm sorry you are losing sleep over this. I have complete confidence in your ability to feel and follow the spirit.
I thought of you when I was in the temple today. One of the reasons we go to the temple is to feel peace and comfort and protection. That is how I want my kids to feel about home when they walk through the door after school. I am sure your home is already like that. Good luck honey! I'll say a prayer for you!
How did you get so lucky? Seriously - you're living my WORST nightmare!
My only thoughts for you is that I when I enter the temple always, literally, sigh...like 'ahhhh..I'm happy, I'm home.' I've seen both of my kids do this too, after coming home from school or a friends house, or whatever. It makes me happy to see them find sanctuary at home...does that make sense?
Good Luck...let us know how it goes...and I'd love to read your talk too...you posted it the last time you gave a talk and I really loved reading it.
Thank you for your comments. I really do love you all.
Stake conference - both you and Bruce should compare notes...he is speaking in ours in two weeks. visit if i come across anything good I'll let you know. There is a great artilce in Feb. Ensign pg 38. Home a sacred and safe haven. Good Luck:)
Post a Comment