Saturday, May 8, 2010

Random Conversations #42

Marley has been dying to get braces for the past couple of years.  Her only problem is that her teeth came in nearly perfect.  She has been waiting very impatiently for some bigger teeth to come in and push her perfect teeth around so she can get braces.

This morning I was doing Marley's hair and she looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, exasperated.

Marley:  Oh, I just wish I could get braces so bad.
Me:  What do you think is so cool about braces that you want them so badly?
Marley:  Well, they're like jewelry for your mouth.

4 comments:

Paige said...

That gave me a smile. =)

natalie spratling said...

a bit more than I want to pay for jewelry. Oh the things our kids come up with

Bethany said...

Yeah, Natalie it seems like for that price they could slip in a couple of diamonds or something.

Melody said...

You need to remind her that this kind of jewelry HURTS.... A LOT.... every couple of weeks and will make it so she doesn't even want to eat sometimes! I can't even imagine fantasizing about braces!!!