Actually, no, I'm not speechless.
I thought I would do my big girls a favor and go through their clothes and get rid of the things they don't wear. Their drawers were already cleaned out and I went to hang some things up in their closet and noticed it was a bit more "bulky" than perhaps it should have been with the amount of clothes on hangers. Well, I emptied out everything under their jeans and this is what I found. The amazing thing is that their closet really looked clean from the outside. I guess that is something to be proud about, or something to write a sacrament talk about. Some of these clothes they really like and probably haven't been able to wear because they have been in the bottom depths of the closet for so long. I know I used to be just like that but it really doesn't make any sense. I just want to say that I'm sorry Mom.
Now I'm speechless.

6 comments:
Sweet! finding clothes they didn't know they had. What could be better?
They will be so excited to see them! It's like digging out your "real" clothes when you can finally quit wearing the maternity ones.
I don't know if "excited" was the word they would have used when they saw the big pile of clothes in what was their "clean" room when they left for school.
The joys of closet cleaning...YUCK! I feel like it's always going on with my girls sharing hand-me-downs and always changing sizes. It's always fabulous to find something you forgot about though!
I clean out my girls room about every four months and am astounded at what they collect in such a short time. But it is like going shopping. Suddenly we have scissors and pens again and that pair of pants or special shirt that I have been accused of not washing or losing in the laundry miraculously reappears.
I have to admit that it gave me some satisfaction to hear you are experiencing the same thing I did years ago. There is hope for those girls.
I have been going through our closets here getting things packed to come home. Even at our age, things still get pushed to the back of the closet. Come to think of it, closets are a great blessing.
Post a Comment