Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of school

Last year I had the greatest idea.  
We had just planted a new citrus tree and I thought we could take pictures of the kids by it each year so we could see how they grew compared to the tree.  
Great idea... the only problem was that the tree didn't make it through our horribly HOT summer.  
So here they are by the dead tree.
It is hard to believe they are growing up so fast.

Price is a freshman in high school.
Sydney is in 7th grade.
Marley is in 5th grade.
Lane is in 2nd grade.
Eliza is in preschool.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I hope Eliza is still breaking out these poses in High School. They ROCK!

John said...

Your kids are gorgeous! I think the dead tree is hilarious, but I am sorry that it died on you.

I was always a little nervous going back to school, but I think I worry a little more for my own kids.

We are planning a trip to AZ for spring break. John has 2 brothers that just moved there. One for medical school in Glendale, and the other for a postdoc in Tuscan. Plus his Grandparents live in Gilbert. So family plus hopefully nice warm weather will bring us out your way.

natalie spratling said...

Sad to hear that the tree did not make it, love that you still took picutres by it. What beautiful kids:) It is so sad to have them all back to school but finally time to get things done.

Becky said...

cute, cute kids and growing up so much! We miss seeing everyone. And I really miss Copperwood primary! I'm now a R.S. Instructor?? What the??