Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reality Bites!

I went to bed thinking:
"I think I am ready for Christmas!!!"
I woke up at 4:00 AM and reality hit me like a rock
REALITY
I forgot to buy a couple of Rob's Christmas presents
I forgot to buy Christmas presents for my father-in-law
I forgot to buy presents for my brother-in-law
I forgot to send a stack of our Christmas cards
I forgot that stockings need to get stuffed
I forgot to pick up a few things from the grocery store
I forgot that it is customary for presents to be wrapped
I forgot to finish two presents I had started
I should probably get off my computer and go take a shower.

5 comments:

Melynda King said...

You make me laugh!!! Thanks!

nelly said...

4:00 am is always my panic hour. I am very thankful for 24 hour grocery stores. Let me know if there's something I can do for you.

Paige said...

I feel Beth, I feel it!

jenniho ♥ said...

Ditto. Beth I'm right there with ya. - Who made the rule that presents had to be wrapped anyway?..It seems like a dumb on to me! BTW-I loved your talk....Thankyou.

Donise Price said...

Next year I will there is help in the wrapping and all. I have a friend here that is the mother of 13 and her gave up wrapping years ago. I can understand, but there is just something special about opening a present even if it is new underwear.