Sunday, January 18, 2009

Backyard campout

When our cousins were here the girls wanted to camp out in the back yard. It was cold out and we thought there was no way they would last, so we told them they could do it. They spent most of the day setting up their tent, gathering food and activities to do in the tent all night.
They were so excited to go to bed.
About 15 minutes later Paige, one of the five girls came in, she was scared. Then 10 minutes after that Marley came in with a sheepish smile, I think she just wanted a good excuse to come in and Paige gave her that. We set up a bed inside the house for the rest of the girls. Surely they would get scared and come in.
This is how I found Haley, Sydney and Lane the next morning. I asked if they were cold but they said they were really warm. They had put two sleeping bags under them and then two on top of them. They said they didn't get scared at all.
I love brave girls!!!

1 comment:

nelly said...

You girls are brave. I don't think I ever stayed the whole night in our back yard as a kid.