Rob and I are people who really like home improvements. I love the smell and the feeling in the air of something new. I love making a new house one piece at a time.
A few years ago I kept hinting around to Rob about how nice it would be to have french doors instead of a sliding-glass door. You could open them all the way, the sliding-glass door always sticks, etc., etc.... He never really said anything about it until one fateful day...
We were going to go out to lunch when I remembered that it was my sister, Paige's birthday. I didn't want to forget, so I gave her a quick call. Well we started talking and 5 minutes turned into 10 which turned into 30+. Rob was quiet the whole time, which is surprising. He usually teases and tickles me so I can't concentrate and get off the phone. When I finally hung up Rob was sitting in the family room. Where there once was a sliding-glass door there now was a huge hole in the wall. The guy works fast! Instead of going out to lunch we went to Home Depot to buy french doors to fill the hole in our wall.
We were going to go out to lunch when I remembered that it was my sister, Paige's birthday. I didn't want to forget, so I gave her a quick call. Well we started talking and 5 minutes turned into 10 which turned into 30+. Rob was quiet the whole time, which is surprising. He usually teases and tickles me so I can't concentrate and get off the phone. When I finally hung up Rob was sitting in the family room. Where there once was a sliding-glass door there now was a huge hole in the wall. The guy works fast! Instead of going out to lunch we went to Home Depot to buy french doors to fill the hole in our wall.
Over the years we tend to work that way. Talk about things, make plans, hold off on those plans until we have the money and then one day out of the blue, get it done. I call this erratic behavior "French door syndrome."
Just yesterday morning we were wondering what we were going to do. It is rare that we don't have something planned or something we have to do that day. Rob and I didn't want the kids to sit around watching TV and were trying to think of chores they could do. The yard was in pretty good condition and the house was mostly clean. What else is there?

I don't exactly remember how we came to the conclusion but all of a sudden we had the sledge hammer out and were taking down a couple of walls in the house.




3 comments:
I love it too! Wonderful!
Wowsers! Way to go! That is such a change, but I really like how it opens things up.
You are so much braver than I am! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment