Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random Conversations #23

Me: It is time to do the summer chores*.
Marley: Moan, groan...My leg hurts really bad.
Me: Oh darn it. Does that mean you won't be able to go to the store with me?
Marley: No it just means that I won't be able to do summer chores.

*Summer chores are what we call chores in the summer. We do them differently than the rest of the year. In the summer, every morning, we all help each other until the whole house is clean. I love it. The kids don't love it quite as much as I do.

1 comment:

John said...

I do a similar thing. I usually say how great it will be when the house is cleaned and we can do whatever we want to after that. But I do not think that I am very convincing. And I love the ailments that come up at such convienent times and go away just as quickly. Kids are great.