Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Home Improvements #1

We are in the midst of remodeling yet again. This time it is the kitchen. We are moving the kitchen from the front of the house to the back. When you come to my front door now you can see if I did the dishes that day. In the future you will only know if I decide I want you to know.
We've spent months thinking about what kind of style we want, talking to people who have done this before, tearing down walls that will no longer be there, taking out old ugly tile, getting bids from various cabinet companies, picking the appliances, deciding the layout of the new kitchen, and how we will keep the old kitchen while the new one is being built.
In these pictures my dad and Rob took out the old window to put in a smaller one that is counter height. They also had cut the concrete foundation across our entire great room and where the new kitchen will be to search for sewer and water pipes. All we have left to do is get the plumbing in before we start putting it all together.
.
These two picture are the before

Here are some pictures after the damage has been done. A big mess.

5 comments:

John said...

Wow!!! That seems like a long haul and a lot of construction/deconstruction to live through. I hope that everything goes out and in with ease especially the plumbing parts.

I suspect you remember Shannon Clark from the Sanford ward. She just had her first baby that they tried for years to conceive 3 months premature. I am telling you in part to solicit prayers for them. You can see her blog at http://mainebryants.blogspot.com/

natalie spratling said...

How exciting! Always fun to mix things up. Good luck, if you need a place to eat you can always come and visit us.

Eileen said...

Exciting!!! Thanks for the update! I look forward to more. :)

Becky said...

That's a big remodel job! Hope it all goes well!

Paige said...

Still a little confused on what's going on. Guess I'll have to fly there to get the full picture!