Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween 2009




Eliza-ballerina princess, Lane-witch, Marley-a marshmallow, Sydney-convict, Price-Goofy

Eliza just wanted to be a princess but by the time we were done with her costume it looked more like a ballerina and the crown was itchy.

Lane wanted to be a vampire but I couldn't come up with something I thought was cute, girly, and vampirey. So I asked her if she would be a witch and she just said, "Sure, cool!" Lane is a very laid back girl in a lot of ways. Most of the time she just goes with the flow. She just wanted her costume to be comfortable.

For the last few months Marley wanted to be a marshmallow for Halloween. Really, I expected her to change her mind but she stuck to it till the end. She tried to get Lane and Eliza to be a graham cracker and chocolate so they could be smore's together. Eliza was OK with that but Lane wouldn't budge. She didn't want to just be a brown square. "That would be boring and not very comfortable." I couldn't figure out how to make it but Marley just kept telling me she knew I could do it. (pressure) I finally made it with hoola hoops on the top and bottom and connected them with a white blanket, hot glue, and duct tape. She even looks like a marshmallow. By the end of the night when we were done trick-or-treating and we walking home people would call out, "hey, Marshmallow!" and "Look, it's the marshmallow."

Sydney wanted to be something comfortable and easy so we borrowed the orange jump suit and put some tattoos on her with a bandanna.

Price just wanted to trick-or-treat so he took a t-shirt that he got from Disneyland and added a goofy hat that we borrowed. He didn't keep the hat on for long. By the end of the night Price and Syd had swapped costumes but I didn't get a picture.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Cute costumes! Piper and I are LOVING the marshmallow best!!!!