Lane looked forward to her birthday for at least a month. She walked around with her clip board and 3 x 5 note cards making list upon list of what she wanted to get for her birthday. I found birthday lists all over the house everyday. She is still learning to read so she spelled everything phonetically. I thought I saved one of the lists but can't find it now. I am obsessed with throwing things away so it is probably gone for good.
When Lane was three she got mad at Rob about something and slammed the door to her room. She was in her room crying (loudly) and shouting things at her door such as; "you just don't get it Dad," "no one understands me, only Tanner understands me," (Tanner is her best friend.) "I just don't think I will ever be happy again." Rob and I stood outside of her door, staring at each other dumbstruck, and thinking how old is she?
Lane is the only one of my kids who has cried at a sad movie. One day we were riding in the car and I noticed she was crying in the back seat. She saw me look at her and she said, "this song is so sad."
Sometimes when I've said something that makes Lane happy she just stands there staring at me with her big brown eyes and the biggest smile then she hugs me in a way that I can really feel her love.
3 comments:
I love that girl!
P.S. Good luck when she's 15...
You are not kidding.
She is such a Beauty! Inside and out!
Post a Comment