A couple of weeks ago at our Fast and Testimony meeting Lane leaned over to me and said she wanted to bare her testimony. I told her it was OK. When she got up there she said, "I want to b..." Then her face just fell and she started crying really hard. She turned back to Rob, who is our bishop, and mouthed the words, HELP ME. He went to help her but it was too late she was gone and wasn't going to try again. She sat on Rob's lap sobbing through someone else's testimony while I sat in the congregation crying for my sweet girl. Lane then ran all the way back to me and jumped into my arms. After a few minutes Lane looked up at me with a tear stained face and said,"That is a lot harder than it looks."
Lane turned six on Wednesday.
We had our Primary program today and Lane had a line to give in it. She was so nervous about it. She talked about how she didn't think she would be able to do it. Then today she just got up there and said her line, no problem. Later on this afternoon I told her how proud I was that she did something that was so scarry for her.
Then she said, "Well when I was 5 I was a lot scareder."
2 comments:
She did do a great job! Happy Birthday Girlie!
oh my how time flies!
well, to me she'll always be 'little miss lanie'
Post a Comment