Friday, May 23, 2008

I do have a loose tooth and I can ride a two-wheeler.

My sister, Miranda called the other night. Lane had run to answer the phone. I didn't know who it was but after less than two seconds of the person on the other end of the line talking I hear this, "Hey, well I do have a loose tooth and I can ride a two wheeler." Lane came up to me today and said, "Mom, will you teach me to ride a two-wheeler.... right now?" The funny thing is she has never even mentioned it before. I didn't know how important it was to her.


I love this picture. She finally got it! Now she just rides her bike all around the backyard. Then she is always concocting reasons that we need to take the bike out for a ride. "Mom, I really think the Kings would like to see me ride my bike, can we go around the block?" "Mom, do you think we should walk the kids to the school bus stop? It is their last day." "Mom, we should go down to the bus stop to walk the kids home today. It is their last day of school."

Every morning since Lane learned to ride her bike she has me put her hair in a do that will work with a bike helmet. Low pony-tails, braids, there aren't many more options.

No comments: