Sunday, March 8, 2009

How tall are you?

When you rise above the average stature people ask you that question all the time.
When you live in a tall family it is discussed almost every time you see someone you haven't seen in more than a month. These kids belong to my brother, Taylor, my sister, Nelly and myself. The older kids are getting into that phase where it looks like someone grabbed them around their neck and ankles and stretched them a little. They are just a bit taller and skinnier every time you see them. We lined them up by height and took a picture. We are going to try to do that whenever we get together to see how they change places in line.
Side note: Miranda and Paige's kids are missing and they would completely give everyone a run for their money.
Just a fun little experiment.top row: Baylee-15, Price-almost 13, Ellie-almost 12, Sydney-10, Steele-12, Marley-9
bottom row: Slater-9, Gracie-9, Lilly-9, Larkin-6, Lane-6, Jilli-6, Eliza-almost 3

Price is almost 13 and Ellie is almost 12. She is growing like crazy. Price used to be way taller than her but Ellie is catching up.
To be continued.....
Just wait until I do this with Rob's side of the family

7 comments:

Melynda King said...

I envy their height! I think they should share some of it with our family!

nelly said...

A lot of them will be taller than me soon.

p.s. I think Steele is 11.

Bethany said...

Steele turned 12 in Dec.

nelly said...

You're right. I knew his birthday was in Dec. They all just grow up too fast.

Lindsay said...

In my family, we all line up to see if you're taller than my 4'7" Aunt, Cindy. If you are taller, you know you've made it into the world. If you're taller than 4'11" Aunt Kerri, you are pretty hot stuff. If you're taller than my "strapping" 5'7" dad (dad's words), you are a beast!

Lindsay said...

P.S. I just grew an inch. I'm pushing 5'3". I know I've made it into the world and I'm pretty hot stuff.

Paige said...

I have a feeling that we are going to see Eliza work her way to the front of the line.