Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scool by Lane


This is a poem Lane wrote for Mrs. Beerman her kindergarten teacher.


Roses are red, violets are blue
You are my teacher, and I love you.

You helped me to be so brave and bold,
and taught me about things new and old.

I hope I haven't wasted your time,
I think that I owe you a dime.

7 comments:

John said...

Ahhhh....what a sweet poem. She probably made her teacher feel like her job was more than just a job.

nelly said...

Adorable!

Eileen said...

What a clever girl! Good job!

Donise Price said...

That is better than I could ever do, Syd! Papa can write poems. I have only written one all my life and that was so I could graduate from college. Here it is:
Let us all stand like tin soldiers
And stand up straight and tall
Or else when we go older
We won't be tall at all.

Pretty sad!

Dawn said...

That was so so good!!!!

nelly said...

I just read on Lilly's class blog and they were supposed to write about an adventure. Lilly wrote:
One day I went to my cousins. They have rilly big backyard. So I turned it in to the jungl.

Linda Bennett said...

What a great poem Lane! I'm sure your teacher loved it and will keep it forever. I'm so glad you love kindergarten.