Friday, April 17, 2009

Trouble

Do you ever have that moment when all of a sudden you realize that you haven't heard or seen a particular child in the last few minutes and something tells you that you better find out what they are doing asap?
.
That is what happened to Rob and me when it was just the three of us at home and he says, "where's Eliza?" The only thing I could think was "Oh No!" She is either in danger or the girl's in trouble.
.
Luckily she wasn't playing with knives or climbing on something dangerous or playing in the pool. She had just decided to paint her own finger and toenails and then spilt it all over the bathroom mat (the one I just bought about a month ago). Then she tried to use water (a lot of water) to clean it up. When the water didn't work she got out the fingernail polish remover and spilt that all over the bathroom. This is how she looked when we discovered her.

It really is a good thing that Heavenly Father makes them so cute when they are so little and think they are so big and can do so many things on their own. We are so blessed!

5 comments:

nelly said...

I have a very similar picture of a little boy with finger nail polish all over him.
It is great that they are so cute. There have been many times lately that things have been a little stressful and Oscar walks into the room and cheers us all up.

Paige said...

She's just GOTTA be pretty MOM! But it all went wrong. I'm glad she wasn't in danger. =)

Donise Price said...

I remember when one of my babies (I have not idea which one) took a permanent marker and went and put a 12 inch mark on each wall of our home. The thought just came to me that maybe that child is one of our children that likes to paint walls to this day. Anyone want to fess up?

Celeste said...

I loved this story, cute Eliza! I know I did something similar to this when I was younger. :)

Melody said...

Katarina also loves to get into nail polish. So far, she has only spilled purple polish on the purple rug, so we've been lucky. The worst was a little over a year ago when I found her DRINKING the nail polish remover. That was a scary one.
Bummer for your new rug. Doesn't it always work that way?