I took Marley out of school for a little while for her birthday. We went to see our favorite dentist and then out to lunch and did a little shopping. On the way to Rob's office, Marley was surprised that there was so much traffic even when all the kids were in school. I explained to her that a lot of elderly people move to Phoenix in the winter time to get away from the snow where they are actually from and we call them "Snowbirds." It makes for lots of traffic in the winter time here. Not my favorite part of living in the southwestern desert but the weather is so nice it wouldn't be right not to share. :) Marley was fascinated by the idea and kept bringing it up. She just had a problem getting the name right.
Marley: Wow, there really are a lot of migratory birds here.
Me: Snowbirds
Marley: Yeah right
Later we were trying to find a parking spot in a parking lot that was short on parking and full of "migratory birds." We slipped right in a spot before a little old couple (something that I am not particularly proud of.)
Marley: Take that snow boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love that Mar! I hope she had a happy birthday!
Post a Comment