Rob and I met some of our great friends Kelly and Beverly in Las Vegas for the weekend. We had a great time. The boys went to a dental convention while Beverly and I shopped, we hung out by the pool and had delicious smoothies. At night we saw Jersey Boys (great music, horrible language), we also saw Ka by Cirque De Sole (amazing! I'd explain why but it would take too long. If you have the chance you really should see it.) 

Beverly is one of my favorite people to shop with. I can't put my finger on just why but we have the same shopping style if that makes sense. In fact we were joking that our relationship was built around shopping. When Rob and Kelly were in dental school and we were young moms whose kids were too little to be too demanding of our time we would call each other up bored out of our minds and go walk around the mall. We knew we had spent a lot of time perhaps too much time at the mall when our three little boys who were all less than 3 years old would hold up an item of clothing and say "cute!"
It has been 13 years and 8 kids later and our shopping love is still alive!


2 comments:
I don't know if Rob mentioned it, but that is what Mom always used to do. Dad and his partners would go to a convention in San Fran and all the wives would go shopping at the outlet stores in the scary part of town. You've truly become a Matthews!
Thank you!!!
Post a Comment