Wednesday, May 20, 2009

She did it!

My beautiful little graduate. Seriously isn't she gorgeous!


Mrs. Beerman, everything you could ever want in a kindergarten teacher!

Side note: I had no idea how fancy everyone would get for kindergarten graduation. I tried to convince Lane to wear a dress but she really didn't want to so we just got her a new outfit (t-shirt, shorts, and new tennis shoes.) She was the only girl not in a dress and there was at least one boy wearing a suit. People had balloons, and flowers. They got all of their other kids out of school to come watch, Dads took off work. This was a big deal. Who knew? It was only my fourth child to go through this.

When Eliza graduates from kindergarten watch out! We are going to get her a new evening gown, take her to get her nails done. We'll have balloons, a dozen long stem roses and invite all of our friends and relatives. You better watch out or you will be on our list.

7 comments:

Paige said...

I'll be there with diamond studs for Liza'a ears all wrapped up and ready to go.

Linda Bennett said...

Don't forget the limo!

John said...

You should have pony rides, a bouncer, and a big buffet at your house after wards.

Melynda King said...

I'm sorry, I should have thought to warn you! I did the same thing when Alyssa was in kindergarden. She did wear a little simple sun dress with flip flops, but was way under dressed compared to the rest of the kids! And I felt really bad that I didn't bring flowers, or even tell Justin about it! And then the next year when Amanda graduated, YES, we went ALL out!!!

The Watsons said...

I remember when Devon graduated Kindergarten he wore a shirt and tie way back then. But I do think people have taken it to a whole new level. Lane is so beautiful and I think she looks great in her new outfit! But diamond earings would have made the outfit complete! =) Honestly what kind of Mother are you, no diamonds for Kindergarten! =)

lilly kay said...

I am so proud of Lane

Donise Price said...

Lane, you are so wonderful. I love you so much.