Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

On Sunday I was out by our garden and accidentally broke a branch off of a tomato plant that was full of  huge green tomatoes. 

Ever since the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" came out in the eighties I've wanted to try them.
So we looked up the recipe on recipezaar.com, one of my favorite websites and Price and I gave them a try.



Our fingers felt like they weighed a ton after dipping each tomato four times

Look good don't they!


They smelled really good!

I liked them.  When Price tried them he said, "They would be really good except for the tomatoes."

5 comments:

John said...

love the pictures. I think my kids would say the same.

I purree green tomatoes and use it for a green pork chili. It is actually one of our favorite end of the growing season meals.

Melody said...

Ha Ha Ha!!!

nelly said...

I don't know how many times I've had my kids help me make something and we're all excited and in the end I love and they don't really like it.

I've always wanted to try fried green tomatoes too.

Paige said...

Hahaha! I like Price's reaction. ( I bet they were good though.)

Monika Pardon said...

Speaking of 80s movie recipes, have you ever tried the "Cua, cupa, cupa" recipe from Steel Magnolias? I made it in college. Its pretty good. Here is the recipe.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080402170546AAkZ3i1