Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Summer Night








I got to help decorate for Price's eighth grade promotion dance.

Last year the kids didn't eat any of the food so this year we decided to just serve candy.  We had it in the King's backyard which is beautiful on its own then we added bright colors.  It looked awesome!


My fourteen year old!

The entrance

The candy table

The tables
DSC_0020.JPG.jpg

The friends

One more view of the candy table just because it was so cute!

My favorites from the party

1.  All of the candy:  Reece's,  M&M's, Starlight mints, Dum dums, sour gummy worms, Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Jelly Bellies, Licorice, Reece's Pieces, caramels, Jolly Ranchers, Kettle corn, Kisses, Hot Tamales, Mike and Ike's, Boston Baked Beans, etc.
(that's all I can remember)

2.  All of the colorful paper lanterns

3.  We covered the welcome sign with sugar so it could not only look sweet but be sweet

4.  The chocolate fountain. yum!


5.  The glow sticks in a vase on the candy table

and my favorite favorite thing

6.  Price looked like he had tons of fun!

A great party!

I love what happens when a bunch of talented women get together.  Amazing things!!!  Great vision Melynda!

5 comments:

jenniho ♥ said...

That is awesome! I would love to steal this idea for something...hmmmm

nelly said...

Now I keep singing that song.

"This magic moment."

Price is so cute. Seriously, how do girls resist?

Paige said...

It looks amazing! Great job girls! (I love the kid with the bow tie on.)

Saragers said...

I remember the 8th grade dance like it was yesterday. Hopefully that doesn't mean that you will have a 29 year old before you know it, but it seems like everyone grows so fast. Looks like they had a blast.

John said...

That candy table looks awesome and fun.