I remember so well why I love my birthday so much it started the year I turned 19. Rob and I met our freshman year at BYU. We had been dating for most of the first semester and were at the beginning of our second semester. The whole time we had been dating I always kept my eyes opened for other guys. He hadn't been on a mission, we were too young for anything serious and I just never knew when someone better might come along.
The day before my birthday I had no idea just how incredible this guy was.
The night before my birthday Rob climbed up to my second floor window and left a couple of presents there and at midnight he called me to look outside the widow. He gave me a little stuffed dog and a poster. Rob surprised me all day with presents. One thing that really impressed me was that he picked out a shirt for me. When I tried it on it actually looked good on and turned out to be one of my favorites for a long time.
That night we walked across the street to the Pie Pizzeria and got a pull-apart bread, walked to Harts and filled a giant cup with soda, then we walked up to the Tanner Building where one of Rob's friends was the head of security. He let us in the big conference room that overlooks the mountains. It was set up with flowers and music. We ate, danced, and kissed a lot.
I had dated a number of other guys by this point in my life and that was the day that it dawned on me that guys just don't get better than this. Rob went to church every Sunday, he didn't ever try to get me to do something that was wrong, he was really funny, he liked my friends, I loved talking to him, he was really smart, so cute, he was a good basketball player, he was taller than me, and he was so nice to me on my birthday. The birthday when I turned 19 was the day I realized that I was in the presence of the cream of the crop.
That was the day I fell in love with Rob.

Rob, Me, Andrea(my best cousin and roommate), and Reed(Rob's twin bro)
11 comments:
What an awesome guy! I love this !
That is really sweet!
Ahh Beth...I remember that day...at least I remember you telling us all about thay day...you guys were meant for each other. Love you beauty!
Oh and Happy Birthday! (sorry about that...)
He had hair. A lot of hair. WOW! That is a great story.
Happy Birthday! And I think he's even cuter without hair.
Happy Birthday... and what a wonderful story. I love the picture too.
great story! thanks for sharing it with us too!
oh and BTW, i was starting to worry about you, wondering where you were, almost called you to check on you then realized, you were probably off somewhere fun for your b-day! : ) hope you guys had a ton of fun!
So sweet! I remember being back in AZ and hearing about this awesome twin you were dating at BYU! Love this picture! What is Andrea up to these days? I haven't seen her since the Riviera!
Oh - and I'm glad to see you on Facebook!
Thanks for all the comments and birthday wishes! I think Rob looks better without all the hair too!
Collette: Andrea is on facebook. She is one of my friends. She asked about you too because I told her your blog was so funny. Look her up!
Bethany, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sure Rob thought you were the cat's meow when he set eyes on YOU!
Post a Comment