Eliza's favorite color is pink.Lane's favorite color is blue.
.I've used their favorite colors to clarify this post just a little bit.
.Eliza will not answer to anything but "Lane" for the past week.
.
In some ways I love it. She, Eliza, is usually really picky about food but since she is now "Lane" she will eat most of the things Lane likes. For example Eliza doesn't usually drink milk but Lane loves it. So now Eliza aka "Lane" will drink it. When I ask "Lane" what she wants for lunch she'll say "a sandwich." Eliza doesn't like sandwiches. Then I ask "Lane" what type she wants and she'll say, "that really yucky kind." Well Lane likes meat sandwiches with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce, the good kind. Eliza would have nothing to do with those but "Lane" is willing to choke them down. Also "Lane" has been going to the bathroom on the toilet for two days now. Lane has been doing it for years.
.
This is getting confusing.
.
The real Lane doesn't mind that Eliza wants to be her, which is a blessing. Lane is willing to just go along with it.
.
Lane said to me yesterday, "Can we just switch? I don't care if you call me Eliza."
.
That is when I saw the flaw in this plan. I can't imagine going around and letting everyone know that Lane is now "Eliza" and Eliza is now "Lane."
.That is when I saw the flaw in this plan. I can't imagine going around and letting everyone know that Lane is now "Eliza" and Eliza is now "Lane."
Plus Lane is just Lane and Eliza is Eliza. Rob and I got to choose that before they were born.
.
Our solution is that Eliza is allowed to be "Lane" only when Lane is at school. When Lane is home she has to be Eliza.
.
.
One final note that just happened.
.Me: Eliza do you have to go the bathroom?
Eliza: Nope, and I'm "Lane."
12 comments:
Oh boy! I'm confused already, how are you managing?
My head is spinning! That is cute!
If Lane becomes Eliza~ does that mean she won't be potty trained anymore? That would be the worst side effect on the switch.
that is so cute and not to mention hilarious!!
The other day when Eliza came over she had me call her Lane. Then she decided that I was Oakey, and Oscar was Akey, and Blake was Noodles. It's always entertaining to have Eliza come over.
You should try backward clothes day. I bet Eliza would love it. I love reading about your kids. They are so much fun.
Eliza (Lane) sounds like a real fire-cracker! Good luck when she's 16!
That is crazy and really cute. It is nice of Lane to go along with it so well. Is Eliza-Lane potty trained in the evening when she has to be
Eliza-Eliza, and what about the weekends?
That cracks me up! Which one is better behaved...Eliza-Eliza, or Eliza-Lane? I'd stick with that one.
Lloyd and I couldn't believe how old Eliza Eliza looks. Could you please say that all again?
That is so dang FUNny!!!!!!! I like that way you explained it, it was all very clear to ME! This girl will keep you cracking up.
I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying! What an exciting life you lead.
Post a Comment