Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Over the Edge

The last day of our ski trip we were just going along down a narrow run. Price was in the lead followed by Sydney, Marley, Lane and Dad then me. The kids had gotten a ways ahead and they would just stop every once in a while to let us catch up. When we came up to the kids I saw this kid with a snow board looking over the edge. Then I heard someone scream, "He went over the edge!!" The first thing I thought was that kid's friend fell off of the run and we should help him. Then Sydney screamed hysterically, "Price went over the edge!" My stomach dropped.


What happened:
The kid with a snowboard had crashed in the middle of the run. Price was trying to go around him and instead of passing on the mountain side he chose the edge side. The snow was pretty icy and his ski caught a track and just shot him over the side of the mountain. He fell about 10 - 15 feet down the mountain where a tree stopped his fall. Rob climbed down, got his poles and skis and help Price get untangled from the tree. He ended up spraining his thumb and shoulder, he had a big goose-egg on the back of his head and the back of his right leg is pretty bruised. Price was pretty shook up and so was I. It could have been so much worse.


That is one of those times that I was so glad that we had family prayer that morning and asked for safety. It could have been so much worse.

I took this picture with my phone on the way home after the ski patrol bandaged and patched and iced Price up. It could have been SO much worse!

The moral of this story:

1. Don't forget to pray!

2. If you have to pass, pass on the mountain side! Stay away from the edge!!!

8 comments:

nelly said...

Oh Pricey! I'm so glad your OK. I tear up every time I think of what could have happened. Our lives wouldn't be as good with out you.

Beverly said...

Bethany, that is so scary! I'm so glad he's okay! I hate stuff like that, I always let the 'what ifs' take over - a very bad habit. The boys will think that's a pretty cool story, though:)

Unknown said...

How scary! WOW! I'm glad he is ok. WOW!

Dawn said...

I am so glad he is OK. I am sorry this happened. Prayer is everything. We really can not do with out it. No wonder you looked exhausted last night.

Saragers said...

that is so scary!! i'm so happy he is ok!!

John said...

That is really scary. I am glad he is and will be okay.

Paige said...

That is too close for comfort. I'm glad that Price is OK. We love him.

Celeste said...

That is scary! I am so glad it wasn't worse than that. Yes, prayers always help!